May 8, 2019-We often put up with things in our lives because our standards aren’t high enough, or we don’t have any standards in place, to begin with. You may be settling in your life and your writing career because the expectations you have for yourself and your work are too low. What you can do right now, is decide that you aren’t going to settle for anything less than what you’re willing to work for. You’re going to raise your standards and know better, do better, and be better.
Grab a pen and paper to get really clear on what your standards are for:
- Your business-How do you want your business to be run? How much money do you want to make? How will you know if you’re successful? What are your goals? What are you not willing to compromise? etc.
- The clients you take on– Here’s your chance to make a list on what your ideal client looks like!
- Your relationships (work relationships too)- Who do you want to work with? What kind of relationship do you want to have with your workmates, buyers, readers, etc.?
- Your travel/lifestyle– Where do you want your work to take you? Where do you want to work from? Do you want a mobile office? Certain work hours? etc. Do you want to less time working?
- Your work– What is your legacy that you will leave behind? What is the point and purpose of your work?
- Your team– What do you want from your teammates? What kind of things will you expect? What will happen when expectations aren’t met? What kind of team do you want to play for?
If you don’t have standards, or again, those standards are too low, you’re selling yourself short. Make a promise to your self that you will do better! Time to raise the bar and in six months from now you’ll be happy you did. Your life is about to change. Now get to work. X LLB